Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Saying Farewell























After an amazing two months of experiencing the Doulos, it was time for us short termers to say farewell. What makes the Doulos is the people and through their fellowship and care the crew became my home away from home. I will miss all of them very much. 

Everyone taught me so much. I watched the dedication of my shift leader as he consistently worked to serve his staff and visitors on board. I was humbled watching so many talented and bright individuals selflessly serve as they took on the lowest of the low tasks. I was inspired by the brilliant fervor of my cabin mates to do additional outreach in their free time.






These individual have a wealth that transcends this world. It is not found in status or material possessions but rather in the their deep relationship with Christ that manifests itself in loving words and deeds.







Above all else what my fellow crew taught is that if you want to make a difference in this world, just do it. 

The time is now.


No comments:

Post a Comment